February 14, 2012

My chicken parmesan recipe

Tonight I did something way out of the ordinary for myself. I cooked something. I am notorious  for not cooking. I'm not talking about a frozen pizza. I made a meal for my self.  I more often than not screw whatever I am cooking up and end up throwing it away.

I can boil stuff and poor sauce over it and I know how to make a mean frozen pizza but really that is where my skills end. Tonight I made some form of chicken parmesan that ended up being really good.

If you, like me, hate cooking you should try this recipe out.

What you need:

  • Some chicken breast - I just bought a bag of frozen chicken breast from Publix
  • Cheese - I used a slice of provolone and grated parmesan.
  • Tomato sauce
  • Spagetti 
  • herbs and spices
Cooking this bad boy up:

Ok so first off you need to preheat your oven. This is my least favorite thing about cooking, waiting. I especially hate preheating because it takes forever and your not even cooking anything. Whoever tells you that you don't have to preheat is wrong. I have messed up so many things by not preheating the oven, it throws the timing off. 

While your waiting on this preheating oven, grab your self a pan and throw it on the counter. Poor some olive oil on the pan, just enough for a thin layer. Take however many chicken breasts you are about to cook and put it on the pan and poor some olive oil over top the chicken also.

Now this is where you can be really creative. Take your favorite herbs and spices and sprinkle them on top of both sides of the chicken. You can really use whatever you want it's up to you. I used bay leaves, rosemary, "Italian seasoning" mix, black pepper and a bit of red pepper flakes. 

Take your cheese and cut it into small pieces then put them on top of the chicken. Like I said I just used a piece of provolone I had in the fridge but you can use mozzarella or whatever you have laying around. I do highly recommend using some grated parmesan, however I'm sure it would taste fine with Ramano. Even a few pacs of the cheese you get from Dominos would work. 

After you have your cheese on there pour a bit of tomato sauce over top of it. 

When your done it should look something like this....




By the time you get done with all the prep your oven should be preheated, if it is go ahead and place the pan on the middle rack. I cooked mine for 50 mins. The package said to cook for 35 - 55 mins. if frozen so I pretty much did what that said. If you have thawed chicken you only need to cook it for about 25 - 35 minuets. I would definitely check the packaging just to be safe. 

About 15 minuets before it's done make some pasta and boil some tomato sauce. You can eat the chicken by itself but I like to drop a bit of pasta over it. 

When everything is cooked throw it on a plate and eat it. 






1 comment:

  1. hmm looks very interesting, but all you really have to do is pan fry th breasts with the ingredients you mentioned, thn just tranfer to pan, place tomato sauce, grated cheese, mozzarella, or provolone and bake for 30 min. u r finally learning to cook, maybe I can pass some of my mom's italian recipes !!!

    ReplyDelete

Anonymous posting is encouraged but not preferred